HISTORY AND NATURE
The Villa di Collina overlooks the valley Val di Marina from an appealing panoramic position on top of the hill, which has the same name, and on which expands a forest made of oak trees, pines and lines of cypresses.
The architectural complex of the villa is located at the centre of an imposing embankment, supported by bastions with scarps, which contains the spaces for services and agricultural use. A vast rectangular lawn serves as a frame for the villa which offers a privileged view on the panorama reaching as far as Montalbano and to the hills of Artimino and Poggio a Caiano.
Contact us to organize an event in our villa
Formerly belonging to the families Aleotti, Rimbettini and Lappacci, at the beginning of the sixteenth century the villa and the whole area of the hill became property of the Salviati, an ancient florentine family which in that period had been in a rapid social rise and which had been married into the family of the Granduca Cosimo dei Medici.
In 1553 Filippo di Averardo Salviati entrusted the completion of the villa to Baccio Bandinelli, while his son Antonio commissioned the decoration of the Oratory of the Visitation with episodes of the life of St. John Baptist (protector of the Salviati family) to the florentine painter Bernardino Barbadelli, also known as the Poccetti.
In 1843 the complex was acquired by Marianna di Lorenzo Ginori Lisci, member of the family which had founded the prestigious Doccia ceramic company. The new owners encouraged the agricultural vocation of the Collina which, in the thirties of the nineteenth century, and under the management of the farmer Guido Baldi, took part in agricultural experiments distinguishing itself for the functional structure of its olive grove and for the upbringing of cows of the Calvana breed.
Between 1971 and 1974 the marquess Paolo Venturi Ginori Lisci asked the architect Niccolò Rucellai to restore the whole complex. Today the complete property is owned by the successors of the marquess Paolo Venturi Ginori Lisci.